Thursday 25 June 2009

A Budding Romance?

It was such a lovely day. A magical day in a magical garden. The birds were singing, the bees they were a buzzin' and the 'wee folks'could be seen amongst the blossoming flowers.
My favourite garden gnome, a happy chap whose hat lights up at night, had gotten ever so close to my garden's beautiful fairy princess. Could this be a budding romance building in the budding blossoms? Could this be the start of a garden gnome having a fairy affair? Indeed, dare I dream that this could be the start of a wondrous love that leads to holy matrimony? A garden gala wedding for a garden gnome? A flower festival for a fortunate fairy?
If this be true, then I am thrilled for them both. However, when they moved to another location, hiding behind them were a couple of rather curious looking garden gnomes. Perhaps they were competition for the affections of the fair fairy. Maybe they were just well-wishers, (although I do not have a wishing well), who wanted to express their happy thoughts to them. Whatever the intentions of those other garden gnomes; if there is indeed 'love in the air' (well she can fly), then that is cause for joyous celebration.
So if there is to be a magical marriage, in that magical little world, that is just beyond my flowers; I wonder who the guests might be? Playful pixies? Enchanting elves? Gracious garden gnomes? Fabulous fairies?
Oh, to dream the dream of the love between a garden gnome and a beautiful fairy princess. A budding romance? Why not, I say. For us and the 'wee folks' must be seen for our inner beauty. Whatever is written in the hearts of garden gnomes, fairies and humanity, is all that matters.

12 comments:

  1. How absolutely charming! Gary, you paint the most beautiful, magical moments. Then you write a story like this one, and from somewhere inside of me, an eight year old girl feels enchantment. haha!
    Those other gnomes? Use them as 'gnroomsmen'.
    Send me an invitation, please. It's been a long time since I've seen such 'budding romance'.
    All hail "The gnome, the fairy princess, your lovely magical garden, and your talent!
    I love wedding cake,
    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Gary
    So if they have babies what will they be called? Fairomes or Gnomies? It just proves the Love conquers all! Very sweet my Dear. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.

    I think, Gary, there is a little of the fairy and the gnome in all of us.

    Most hide that side of themselves for fear of appearing foolish or opening up something they don't understand.

    How sad.

    I'm quite happy to admit there is a 'gnome' within me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Dixie,
    Thank you kindly for your enchanting comment. Thank you for embracing the magic that I tried to convey in this blog.
    I shall keep you informed if the potential romance between our gnome friend and the fairy princess becomes more serious.
    Magical wishes, your way, Gary:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Heather,
    Thanks for your sweet comment. As you know, love does indeed conquer all.
    If they have babies, not sure what you would call them, but heck if that happens, I want to be their publicity agent lol:-)
    Enchanting thoughts, your way, Gary :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi John,
    Thanks for leaving such a lovely comment.
    I must agree that there is a bit of the fairy and gnome in all of us.
    I hope that I am a 'fairy' good gnome:-)
    Thanks John and may you continue with your excellent blog.
    Positive wishes to you, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you ,gary, for another unique view into yourimagination ,vivd and quirky , but with a more serious message [at least in my mind]It made me smile ,no mean feat in itself!Must go now ,i have a gnome to go to.Dave.s

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi David S.,
    You mean you think I imagined the whole gnome and fairy story? So would that be a fairy tale or a gnome tale? Hmmm lol.
    You are right, there is a bit of a serious note in what I hope came across as a light-hearted story.
    Thanks for your comment, David.
    Magical wishes, I bestow upon thee,
    Gary (the part-time gnome).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think join a long line of others when I say this put a smile on my face. You have a way with words which I am very much grateful to be able to be a part of

    Tc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi 'MMI',
    Well thank you very much for that very nice comment.
    I'm so glad I put a smile on your face. I am grateful that you have been a part of this interaction. Please stay positive and you keep right on smiling:-)
    Kind wishes, Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Gary,
    Oh to be in England now that Summertime is here!
    Thankyou for your quirky, evocative blog and another insight into "Mr. Zany's" zany mind.
    Get Well Soon! (only joking!)
    With All The Best,
    David.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear David,
    Oh England, this green and pleasant land. The weather is topical for being so tropical. My goodness, it is warm...
    Whoops, where was I? Thank you for comment David. The pixies, the elves, the gnomes, the fairies and the goblins say a special hello to you. Go lie down klahanie lol :-)
    Magical wishes to you, Gary.

    ReplyDelete

I do try to comment back to each commenter individually. However, I might have to shorten my replies or give a group thank you. That way, I can spend more time commenting on your blogs. Thank you and peace, my friend.